HSW explore specialised and tailored testing that go significantly beyond the standard services provided by most routine pathology laboratories.
The HSW scientific and medical panel have particular expertise in the following fundamental areas:
- Health and wellbeing testing of the environment including pets and homes for sources of allergy, infection and immune depression.
- Metagenomic-based testing of gastrointestinal diseases including the following disease areas:
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS),
- Crohn’s Disease,
- Sexual health and oral infections.
- These new tests are based on using gene sequencing capacity linked to tailored data bases for the specific diseases. This is a unique service that is currently highly limited in the UK.
- Following establishment of the systems and reputation for evidence-based genetic testing, HSW will expand the opportunity for cancer screening that is expected to enter into clinical service in 2020. This is the area that is ready for development to create a UK first service of its kind, ready for infection/intestinal disease diagnostics within 6 months of inception and ready for a Cancer genetic provider in 24 months.
- Provision of technical and quality assurance services for rapid near patient diagnostic tests provided to clinical customers to use in clinic. A range of tests and devices can be provided, monitored and tested regularly to support clinics doing tests that generate results within 60 min in-house, clinically assured and evaluated by the specialist HSW diagnostic service technical monitoring team.